quest


I am a woman born 1949 and my quest is to find a mindmate
to grow old together as a mutually devoted couple
in a relationship based upon the
egalitarian rational commitment paradigm
bonded by intrinsic commitment
as each other's safe haven and secure basis.

The purpose of this blog is to enable the right man
to recognize us as reciprocal mindmates and
to encourage him to contact me:
marulaki@hotmail.com


The entries directly concerning,
who could be my mindmate,
are mainly at the beginning.
If this is your predominant interest,
I suggest to read this blog in the same order
as it was written, following the numbers.

I am German, therefore my English is sometimes faulty.

Maybe you have stumbled upon this blog not as a potential match.
Please wait a short moment before zapping.

Do you know anybody, who could be my mindmate?
Your neighbour, brother, uncle, cousin, colleague, friend?
If so, please tell him to look at this blog.
While you have no reason to do this for me,
a stranger, maybe you can make someone happy, for whom you care.

Do you have your own webpage or blog,
which someone like my mindmate to be found probably reads?
If so, please mention my quest and add a link to this blog.


Monday, January 10, 2011

206. Psychological Androgynity 1

Psychological Androgynity 1

Differences between the two genders are mainly a consequence of the differences in the cost of procreation.   In our species, the minimum costs of procreation are a few minutes for a male, 9 months for a female.    This explains not only the differences between the phenotypes, but also between the instinctive urges of female and male breeders.      

Therefore, theoretically, for non-breeders there is no reason to have any difference between males and females.  
Assuming, that the invisible mutation of the urge to breed may have an impact, that is independent of the phenotype of the individual, then theoretically there could be persons with psychological androgynity in male and female bodies.        

I tried in vain to find out by googling, if there is a difference between the words androgynity and androgyny and between androgynous and androgyne.   So I decided to use androgynity and androgynous for a mind, that is determined by all human traits, that are gender neutral, while all traits, that are differential between the genders for the purpose of breeding are absent or underdeveloped.   

I mean psychological androgynity, when I use the word androgynity.  


I took the Bem Sex Role Inventory
http://garote.bdmonkeys.net/bsri.html

My result was: 
41.667 out of 100 masculine points,
57.5 out of 100 feminine points,
54.167 out of 100 androgynous (neutral) points.

I was slightly surprised, because by having an equal lack of interest in children and in competitive sports, I always perceived myself as more psychologically androgynous than this result.    When at a younger age I was annoyed by the disrespect of the predators wanting my female body, I often wished that my body were as androgynous as I felt psychologically.

But the site explains the bias:

"The Bem Sex Role Inventory was developed in 1971 by Dr. Sandra Lipsitz Bem. It characterizes your personality as masculine, feminine, androgynous, or undifferentiated. The BSRI is based on gender stereotypes, so what it's actually measuring is how well you fit into your traditional sex role. Thus, your score may say as much about how our cultural expectations have changed over the last 35 years as it does about your personality."

I cannot know, if androgynity is the absence of gender roles, that are the result of culture or if it is the absence of innate genetic differences serving procreation.   There is also the question, how much cultural gender roles are only acquired and how much they are an expression of instinctive differences in procreation strategies.

So I only speculate, that androgynity and what I define as hypoanimality (entry 67) including a low or absent breeding instinct are somehow correlated.    But I cannot even speculate, if the androgynity could cause the lack of an urge to breed, or if the lack of an urge to breed could cause androgynity, due to gender specific behaviors and traits having become obsolete.