quest


I am a woman born 1949 and my quest is to find a mindmate
to grow old together as a mutually devoted couple
in a relationship based upon the
egalitarian rational commitment paradigm
bonded by intrinsic commitment
as each other's safe haven and secure basis.

The purpose of this blog is to enable the right man
to recognize us as reciprocal mindmates and
to encourage him to contact me:
marulaki@hotmail.com


The entries directly concerning,
who could be my mindmate,
are mainly at the beginning.
If this is your predominant interest,
I suggest to read this blog in the same order
as it was written, following the numbers.

I am German, therefore my English is sometimes faulty.

Maybe you have stumbled upon this blog not as a potential match.
Please wait a short moment before zapping.

Do you know anybody, who could be my mindmate?
Your neighbour, brother, uncle, cousin, colleague, friend?
If so, please tell him to look at this blog.
While you have no reason to do this for me,
a stranger, maybe you can make someone happy, for whom you care.

Do you have your own webpage or blog,
which someone like my mindmate to be found probably reads?
If so, please mention my quest and add a link to this blog.


Sunday, August 8, 2010

41. Wow - a Discovery

Wow - a Discovery

So far in this blog, I avoided to blur out:   We childfree, leftist atheists are much more intelligent than others and I am proudly one of them.   I did not want to appear haughty and arrogant.

Today I made a discovery.   I came across the Savanna-IQ Interaction Hypothesis in
http://personal.lse.ac.uk/Kanazawa/pdfs/JEP2009.pdf

I have been writing about rationality, but I can replace this easily with the general intelligence as defined by Kanazawa and Savage.   As far as I have linked rationality with evolution as an explanation of being childfree, an atheist and egalitarian, I can see my admittedly more diffuse ideas as being consistent with the Savanna-IQ Interaction Hypothesis, and I do appreciate this mental backup.  
While I had just looked at rationality/intelligence as having somehow evolved in humans ahead of the instincts, this hypothesis now explains, why this has happened, and it makes a lot of sense.    

There is only one point, where I dare to differ from Kanazawa and Savage:   They do not doubt that everybody is ultimately determined to serve the purpose of the survival of the species, and that intelligent people only have less children as a result of this being the best strategy.   

I still uphold my view, that the relative increase of rationality/intelligence compared with instinctive adaptations to the prehistoric environment has reached its breaking-point, where some people are childfree for having evolved beyond the innate command to make their genes survive.   Therefore I suspect, that the human species has evolved so far, that the kind of intelligence/rationality, that allows to override breeding, will either not evolve much further, or the human species will get extinct.